Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Yasmine Galenorn Strikes Again!

I will forever be grateful to my co-worker, Denise, for introducing me to the world of Yasmine Galenorn! I just finished reading the seventh book in her "Otherworld Series" and I enjoyed it as much as I have the other six. The latest book in this series is titled Bone Magic, and it follows the lives of the D'Artigo sisters, three half-fae, half-human women who work for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency and live on Earth. Mennolly is a vampire, Delilah is a shapeshifter who shifts into a cat and Camille is a witch who serves the Moon Mother. Every book focuses mainly on one sister and Bone Magic's focus is on Camille. I recommend reading the books in order, as many of the story elements build on each other, especially the relationships between the sisters and their various human, demon and fae family and friends. The sisters face intense peril as they fight against the demons threatening to take over Earth and the other forces determined to rip apart the fabric separating the Otherworld and Earth and wreak irrevocable damage. The action in Bone Magic is intense and there are plenty of good and evil characters running loose. Each sister has to face her own trials and tribulations and life does not always work out easily for them. I truly enjoy reading these books because they showcase a world that is different from ours but entirely believable. I also found out some other news---Yasmine Galenorn is currently writing a new series involving vampires that will be published later this year! For more information on this author, check out her web site at http://www.galenorn.com/.

No comments: