Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mexican Recipes in Your Slow Cooker

I'm a huge fan of my slow cooker---I cook with it at least twice a week at my house!  I enjoy being able to come home to a meal that has cooked safely all day, without me having to lift many fingers to fix it.  The library has many slow cooker recipe books available, but we just received a very intriguing new one-The Mexican Slow Cooker by Deborah Schneider. I must admit, at first glance, the recipes in this book look a little complicated.  Basically, the slow cooker is used in these recipes to perform the "gentle cooking" of the recipe with the cook having to perform "prep work" and "finishing touches."  The slow cooker cornbread recipe looks delicious as well as the Enchiladas Suizas and Mole.  Also included are great recipes to make tasty-looking tortillas that you can fill with one of the meat recipes included in this cookbook.  I believe this recipe book is better suited for the more advanced cook, and there are plenty of authentice recipes to choose from!  

No comments: