Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sew a Cute Christmas Gift

I just discovered one of the cutest books on sewing for this holiday season! One of our staff members left the following book, Sew Pretty Christmas Homestyle, published by David & Charles, on my desk with a note stating "Thought you might like to look at this." She was right, I absolutely loved it. The book contains 35 projects, ranging from easy to complicated, that can be used to decorate your home in a sweet Christmas style. The book begins with a section on techniques, and then devides the rest of the projects by the type of room (Entrance Hall, Living Room, Adult Bedroom, Girl's Room, etc.) and even includes a "Chistmas Outdoors" section. I especially enjoyed the projects for the hats (pg. 21) and angels (pg. 32). Most of the projects may be sewed by hand, which is desirable for a person like me who enjoys bringing sewing projects everywhere I visit! Although the book was originally published in England, I think the projects described are ones that have appeal for American citizens too. Do you have any favorite craft books for the holiday season? Share your thoughts with our readers, by commenting on this post.

No comments: